Junior/ Youth and Volunteers Development Committee" was constituted by Managing Body on 29th March 2016 to provide strategic direction for the youth development in the IRCS under the Chairmanship of Vice Chairman. Relevant communications have already been sent.
The State/UT Branches are again requested to get nomination from their districts. These nominations may be examined by the youth committee of the respective State/UT Branches’. Each State/UT Branch may then send one selected nominee approved by their Youth Committee along with minutes of the Youth Committee meeting to the IRCS Nhq.
The nomination criteria of the youth representative are given hereunder:-
- Age 21 to 30 years.
- Minimum qualification should be graduate or equivalent degree.
- The youth representative should have 3 years experience in leading youth program and promote youth agenda within their State/UT branch and communities.
- Should have knowledge of Red Cross and its Fundamental Principles.
- Have a working knowledge of English and computer.
- Nominated person should not have any criminal background.
- The term for youth representative member term will be 2yrs.
- Nominated person should be at lease a Red Cross Life member.
- Preference to the give to First Aid Certificate holder.
For reference and details please refer to the Volunteering Policy and Guidelines of JRC/YRC which are available on the website. You are requested to share your valuable views on Volunteering Policy and to provide inputs on these guidelines and also share with us the latest Government orders of Department of Education and Youth Welfare etc pertaining to the conduct of the JRC/YRC programme in your branch. Your view so received will be placed before the Youth Committee.
The necessary information may kindly be sent latest on or before 20th June 2017 in both soft and hard copy to IRCS(NHQ).